Skylights in Dubai
Do you want to make your home more beautiful and bright? Skylights are a great way to bring natural light into your home. They can be used in bathrooms, kitchens, bedrooms or any other room that could benefit from additional lighting. Our skylights come with an easy-to-install installation kit so you don’t have to worry about hiring expensive contractors for the job.
Skylights are a great way to bring in more natural light and make any room feel bigger. They also provide insulation, which means they can help reduce heating costs during the winter months. You’ll be able to enjoy all of these benefits without having to worry about installation or maintenance. We offer custom skylights that fit perfectly with the design of your home so you don’t have to sacrifice style for function.
Our skylights come in many different styles and colors so it will be easy for you find one that fits seamlessly into your home décor. If you need some inspiration, check out our gallery on our website! We even have pictures of customers who used our products before so you can see how amazing they look when installed correctly! Once we get started on your order, we promise it won’t take long until everything is done and ready for use!
What are skylights used for?
Skylights are windows installed in a roof. They allow natural light into your home and provide ventilation as well. You can use them to brighten up rooms, add extra living space, or even create an outdoor room! The best part is that they’re easy to install so you can do it yourself if you want. They’re a great way to brighten up any room and can even help lower energy costs! There are many different types of skylights, so it’s important to know which one is right for your home.
Have a Look on
The benefits of having a skylight in your home
The benefits of having a skylight in your home. Skylights provide more than just a view. They also can benefit your health and well-being as well as provide you with money saving opportunities. This article provides information about skylights, how they work, and the benefits of owning one.
Provides Health Benefits: Exposure to natural light has been found to be important for maintaining proper circadian rhythms, which can improve mood and increase alertness and energy. Natural light also stimulates the body to produce Vitamin D, which plays a vital role in bone health and helps prevent certain forms of cancer. Light also regulates our biological clocks, helps us sleep better and reduces the risk of certain cancers.
Skylights help you save energy: People with natural light in their homes tend to spend less on electricity because they feel more comfortable keeping lights on for longer periods. This cuts back on electric bills quickly
Provides Money Saving Opportunities: Skylights reduce the need for artificial lighting, so you can save money on your electric bill. You may also want to consider financing your skylight. If you finance your skylight through the company that manufactured it, you can make monthly payments instead of forking over an amount all at once.
Want To Know
How to choose the right skylight for your home
Choosing a skylight for your home is not an easy task, however by knowing what type of skylight works best for different types of rooms will help you make a more informed decision. When buying a skylight, one of the most important things you need to consider is the quality. You will find different types of skylights in the market, each having their own set of pros and cons. Thus it becomes very important for you to determine what type will be right for your home. In order to help you make a more informed decision, we have compiled a list of skylights and what they are best suited for.
Window / wall skylight: These skylights come with their own window that is installed on the roof. These windows can be opened from top making it very easy to clean them from inside your home. They add natural light and fresh air to your rooms and can also be used for ventilation.
Vaulted skylight: These work on the same principle as of a window/wall skylight; however, they are more stylish in appearance. Their design makes them look like part of the roof and not like a separate window attached to it. In addition, they are more energy efficient and can be used to add light or ventilate a room.
Sloped skylight: These skylights work well in basements since the slope of the roof is generally steeper than other rooms in your house. They come with their own window and can be opened from top for easy cleaning. They are relatively cheaper than other skylights and work well in ventilating any room.
Dome skylight: These types of skylights resemble a dome and can be installed on flat, slanted or curved roofs. They do not have their own windows and come with an acrylic dome to allow natural light inside your home. They are a great choice for bathrooms and kitchens with a high ceiling.
Skylight shades: A skylight shade works as an excellent barrier from harmful UV rays of the sun, thus protecting interior furnishings from fading. These shades come with different styles and designs that you can choose from according to your preference. They offer various degrees of light transmission so you can choose the one that best suits your home.
Let`s Have a Look
Installation tips for skylights
Skylights are a fantastic way to add natural light to your home. The problem is, they can be quite expensive, and if you get them installed wrong, you could end up with leaks. Here’s our list of installation tips to avoid that problem:
1. Use the right type of glass If you’re looking for skylight installation in Dubai, make sure to use tempered glass. This type of glass is up to six times stronger than regular awning windows and it won’t shatter into shards if something hits it.
2. Use the right tools for the job You don’t have to be a skylight installation expert to do this work yourself, but you do need the right tools. If you’re going to caulk around a skylight, for example, you’ll need a high-quality caulking gun and good quality caulk. If you have no idea what either of these things are or how they work, it’s probably best to skip this step and hire a professional instead.
3. Use clear caulk to hold your skylight in place
When your contractor installs the flashing, make sure he uses a high-quality silicone or acrylic latex caulking. This type of caulk doesn’t contract and expand like cheaper materials do, which means it won’t cause fractures in the grout as time goes by.
4. Don’t restrict the flow of air
When you’re installing your skylight, don’t install any plastic or metal that blocks ventilation. These materials will trap heat inside, which could make the roof over your skylight buckle and bend. For best results, use synthetic rubber instead of metal flashing to install the skylight.
5. Consider the size of your skylight
When you’re installing a skylight, make sure it’s about an inch bigger than the hole in your roof. This will give you enough space for all the flashing and materials that go around it. It also leaves room for error – if anything happens, you’ll have that extra inch to work with.
6. Use silicone sealant for the flashing
Whether you’re handling skylight installation in Dubai or any other part of the world, make sure to use clear (or white) silicone sealant to hold your flashing in place. Black caulk will absorb heat and make the roof over your skylight even hotter than it already is.
7. Plan ahead for safety When you’re installing a skylight, make sure there’s plenty of clearance below it – at least 18 inches. If anything falls through the skylight, that much space will give you and your loved ones room to dodge it and avoid injury. Make sure to install the skylight over an empty room and not a driveway or sidewalk, too.
8. Use silicon to hold the skylight in place Some manufacturers use double-sided tape to hold their skylights in place during installation, which is alright if you’re working indoors. If you’re putting one in over an outdoor area like a roof patio or rooftop barbeque pit, use silicon instead. Tape doesn’t stick well to some roofing materials, and it won’t be able to hold the skylight in place if they start buckling too much under the heat.
9. Be careful when you’re working on sloped roofs Skylights are great for sloped roofs because they let you add natural light without adding extra square footage. Just make sure you’re careful when you’re installing these skylights – because they can be quite heavy, it’s easy to damage the roof beneath them if you aren’t careful.
10. Plan for safety When you get your skylight installed, plan for safety by putting railings around the edge of the roof. You can also put up a gate that only opens one way – outwards. That way, people won’t accidentally fall off the roof and land on their heads
Why Folding Doors in Dubai
Advantages of using skylight
- Fresh and Clean Air: It is the most important benefit of using skylight because indoor air can get contaminated with toxins like mold, dust particles and microbes. This is not good for the health. The use of skylight helps in providing cleaner and fresher air by removing contaminants from entering your home. It reduces the requirement of purifiers.
- Safety: Skylight can be open easily. It does not require any special tool for opening and closing the skylight. If you are living in a place that is vulnerable to natural calamities, then skylight can provide enough safety from storms or heavy rains. You don’t have to go inside the room, close the door and switch off the lights. You can simply open the skylight and watch the storm from inside your home comfortably.
- Reduces energy consumption: Energy consumption is one of the major causes for global warming. The use of skylight reduces this problem to some extent because it controls heat gain in a building and reduces the load on air-conditioner and heater.
- Increase Home Value: The market value of a house depends upon the facilities and amenities that it offers to its occupants. The use of skylight increases your home value because it provides clean and fresh light in your room. It is an important thing when you want to sell your home.
- Easy installation: Skylight is an easy to install a product and does not require any professional help. It is very easy to use and does not demand any special tool or skill for opening/closing the skylight. If you are living in a rented house, then installation of skylight will cost you nothing.
Want to Know
Skylight care and maintenance
- Make sure the area underneath and around the skylight is protected from falling debris.
- Keep vegetation and other combustibles at least three feet away from a skylight’s perimeter to prevent heat buildup and subsequent fire. A roof overhang can help with this.
- Check that your skylights are sealed properly. Check the flashing around each skylight annually to make sure it hasn’t shifted, corroded or broken. If it has, you should reseal the glass to the frame and/or replace the flashing completely.
- Clean your skylights regularly; at least quarterly (depending on location, time of year and amount of sunlight exposure). A simple way to clean them is with a squeegee, or you can buy special window cleaning solution.
- If you’re really active around your home (say, if you do a lot of gardening) consider an impact-resistant skylight; they’re more resistant to breakage than traditional glass ones.